Analyzing interactions and designing mitigation to enhance biodiversity in terrestrial environments require a talented, educated, experienced team of specialists. Hemmera has that team.
Hemmera provides ecological and ecosystem analysis, planning, and management services to government and private sector clients. Our ecology team is experienced working with species and improving inventory standards including:
- Birds: Hemmera biologists have informed and influenced provincial management of many high-profile species. We have led provincial population assessments and trend-monitoring studies, guided conservation and management, and we’ve helped advance recovery planning.
- Mammals: Our wildlife biologists have decades of experience conducting assessments of mammals, particularly on species of management concern and species identified in development planning processes.
- Amphibians: Our amphibian experts have extensive field-based, regulatory, and ecological management experience, and are contributing to the evolution of new standards and practices.
- eDNA: Scientists from Hemmera are filtering environmental DNA from waterways to map habitat use for vulnerable species. Our use of eDNA technology is producing accurate and cost-effective information on vulnerable species in wetland habitats.
- Reptiles: Our staff herpetologists bring proven and recognized experience managing federally and provincially listed reptile species.
- Vegetation and Ecosystems: Hemmera’s team of in-house ecosystem mappers, botanists, ecologists, and invasive plant species specialists can create a comprehensive map of the vegetation and ecosystems within a project area.