To All Clients,
I hope that this message finds you safe and healthy. These are definitely challenging times for all of us on both a personal and business front, and I trust you are finding a path forward. We will get through this, though it’s going to take some time.
Many of you have reached out to us regarding the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and I wanted to provide an update on the proactive steps and measures that we have taken at Hemmera. In short, I want you to know that we are open for business, keeping staff safe, and continuing to be here for you. I know that many of you have been contacted by one of our team members, particularly those of you with active projects, so you should be aware that all of our staff are able to work from home and are keeping connected via remote conferencing, phone and email.
Our priority is to make sure that we do everything possible to ensure that our people remain safe and healthy through this time, while also ensuring that our clients come through this period in the strongest possible position. An outline of the actions we are taking is included below; we will continue to closely monitor developments and will immediately take additional actions as required.
Following are some of the actions that Hemmera has implemented to date. Should your organization require confirmation of compliance with specific health directives, please reach out to your project manager and they can provide that information:
- Commissioned a COVID-19 response team of senior executives and senior HSEC personnel, which meets daily to track and respond in real-time to any international, regional or local developments.
- Implemented travel restrictions that have now been in place since early March for all high-risk regions (as defined by International SOS).
- Supported our people in working from home, investing in additional technology support to ensure minimal disruption to client service.
- Worked with our clients and local authorities to establish policies and protocol on site to minimize impact to existing operations and operations under construction.
- Cancelled all non-essential air travel.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting measures in our workplaces and especially in all meeting rooms and common areas.
- Asked people to self-quarantine when they have returned from high risk locations, have exhibited any of the common symptoms of COVID-19, or when they may have been in close contact with someone who has, or is presumed to have COVID-19.
I am confident that together we can work our way through the issues which may confront us. We are a resilient team and have demonstrated our strength during adversity previously. We intend to support our clients, colleague, and communities in the best way we possibly can, and the storm will pass. Until then, please reach out to me, or any one of our colleagues at Hemmera should you have any questions or concerns.
Take care and be safe,
Paul Hemsley, President
Zimi Meka, Chief Executive Officer