Contemporary development projects require a unique perspective due to the growing focus on positive and demonstrable environmental, social, and health outcomes.
Hemmera shares this concern, and has developed an approach that is founded on the values of community-based participatory research. This approach emphasizes human environment and individual participation in the decisions that affect people and their communities. Our team identifies potential health and social impacts of proposed policies, projects, and programs, and informs decision-makers, working closely with them to minimize adverse effects while maximizing community benefits.
Recognizing that no two clients or projects are alike, our team works closely with our clients and the communities where they do business to determine the level of assessment and research methodologies that are most appropriate for each project and community.
Our human environment services include:
- Traditional knowledge and use services
- Socio-economic and community baseline studies and community profiles
- Stakeholder interviews and primary socio-economic data collection
- Socio-economic and cumulative effects assessments
- Socio-economic mitigation strategy development and implementation
- Socio-economic management planning and monitoring