Occupational Health and Air Quality Monitoring/Assessment
Human health risk assessment is a complex process, though which the many potential effects of airborne contaminants are calculated, and expert assessment is invaluable to determine the risk that contaminants present to workers. Hemmera is experienced in assessing air quality and airborne hazards in the workplace, with services that include:
- Indoor Air Quality Assessment (IAQ): Preventative maintenance and investigation to identify and control indoor air pollution and measure CO, CO2, temperature, relative humidity, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Toxic Mould Assessment: Investigations, identification and health impact assessments of airborne moulds that appear in high humidity locations (such as “leaky condos”)
- Occupational Hygiene: Monitoring the concentrations of potentially hazardous substances and agents, including tests for chemical/biological exposure, electromagnetic field, heat stress and noise exposure assessments. We can design and implement remediation or abatement solutions and provide ongoing monitoring.
- Survey/Management of Hazardous Materials: We are trained in the collection and analysis of potentially hazardous construction materials (such materials containing asbestos, lead, mercury, organic compounds, fungi) and in developing programs to control, manage and monitor potential hazards.
- Confined Spaces: Our team includes certified experts in confined space entry, and we can provide procedures and programs to reduce the risks of confined space hazards such as oxygen deficiency, flammable/explosive materials, and the presence of potentially toxic substances.